Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Water Cooler Talk: Giving Back





Today is Thanksgiving, a day to be thankful for everything in your life and a good time to reflect on the last year.  I am very thankful to be where I am right now.  I have about a year left of my undergraduate studies and have made many great connections during my two coops.  I have met a lot of great friends while at Drexel and stayed in touch with my closest friends from high school.  In the spirit of the holiday, I am going to leave you guys with a great piece of advice: always try to give back.



I know that I would not be where I am today without help from my friends and professors.  They have helped me make the connections that I have now which benefited me in my past, present, and hopefully future job experiences.  This has made me want to give back to my younger classmates, who are going through college experiences that I went through not too long ago.  


Over the past couple months, I have made an effort to help anyone that has asked me for it.  That helped ranged from trying to set up an interview at one of my former coops or just answering any questions they have about the sports industry.  I obviously do not think of myself as an expert, but I know what has worked for me in the past and I want to pass that knowledge along.  


In the end, you just have to remember that without the help of others you would not be where you are today.  Nobody can do it alone.  Giving back is not just the right thing to do but it is also a very rewarding feeling when you know that you were able to help someone else.  Finally, if you are a freshman or a sophomore who is just learning/starting the coop experience make sure you reach out to anyone you know for help.  Like I already said I am always willing to help in anyway and I know that most people at Drexel feel the exact same way.           

No comments:

Post a Comment