Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Freshman Files: Greg Monforte



Name: Greg Monforte

Current Year: Pre-Junior

Freshman Dorm: Commuted

Co-Ops: Daddis Fight Camps

Area of Interest: Marketing/Sponsorship Sales

What is your favorite memory from freshman year?
My favorite memory was becoming friends with people in my major that I am still close with today.  This makes classes easier when you get to take classes with your friends.

What is the most important thing that you learned about sport management and the sports industry?
The most important thing that I learned is networking is so important in our field.  Every teacher drills this into your head and they do it for a reason.  Try to stay in touch with guest speakers that come in and talk to your class.  This can help you later at Drexel when you are looking for Co-Ops.

What advice would you give to the freshman based on your experience?
My advice to the freshman would be to go to as many events as possible your freshman year.  Go to every guest speaker that the SMT program sets up.  Not only will a lot of your classes give you extra credit you also get to meet people from so many different backgrounds that can tell you their own personal experiences in the field.

If you could do it all over again, what would you do different?
If I could do it all over again, I would have been more involved in the program.  I would have jumped on any independent research opportunities that professors offered and tried to do more than just what was required.  I have tried to make up for this now but it would have been much easier if I started sooner.   


On Deck: Hayley Zedeck
Previous: Ryan Pratt
Previous: Kevin Giordano

No comments:

Post a Comment