Monday, April 14, 2014

Co-op Confidential: Frank Perri, Penn Athletics


 

Name: Frank Perri
Year: Pre-Junior
Co-op Employer: University of Pennsylvania Athletic Department
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job Title: Ticket Office Assistant


Who is Penn Athletics?
Penn Athletics is the department that manages the 31 sports for the University of Pennsylvania. Competing in the Ivy Sport Group, the ECAC, and the NCAA, Penn fields over a thousand athletes in West Philadelphia. Home of two of the most famous sport facilities in the United States, Franklin Field and The Palestra, Penn has been a pillar of collegiate sport for decades. The Penn Relays is the most-famous and longest-running track and field event in the country and brings over 100,000 spectators  to Franklin Field over three days.

How did you find this job?
I found my position with Penn through an independent search and personal connections from my last co-op. My first co-op experience was with Nelligan Sports Marketing at Penn. I networked with a few individuals during that experience that led me to getting another opportunity to be at Penn for my second co-op.

What were your favorite parts?
The interview with people on a daily basis out of the ticket office was the best part of this experience.

What were the most challenging parts?
Trying to make ticketing more interesting and exciting because the tasks that I had were pretty basic.

What skills did you use the most during your 6 months?
The ability to communicate with others over the phone was essential.

What were some things that you learned during the 6 months that you think will help you in the future?
First and foremost, I learned to communicate better with both my co-workers and customers. I gained a new confidence in myself, which I hope will help me become a more outgoing individual.

Learn more about Nelligan Sports Marketing.
Learn more about Penn Athletics.
Connect with Frank Perri on LinkedIn.

No comments:

Post a Comment