Monday, November 5, 2012

Freshman Files: Dan Mullin



Name: Dan Mullin

Current Year: Senior

Freshman Dorm: Race

Co-ops: Philadelphia Freedoms - Corporate Sponsorships and Operations
Turnkey Sports and Entertainment – Sport Market Research
Holman Automotive - Marketing and Sales

Area of interest: Sports Marketing, Sponsorships and Law

What is your favorite memory from freshman year?
One of the most fun things I did freshman year was take part in a regional dodgeball tournament. It was a great way for me to get involved and let to a job with Drexel Recreation down the line. 

What is the most important thing that you learned about sport management and the sports industry?
I've learned more than I could have imagined, and how to network is one of those things. I'd also say I learned how much dedication goes into working in sports. My first co-op showed me that there can be a lot of VERY late nights.

What advice would you give to the freshman based on your experience?
My advice would be never to hesitate to introduce yourself to anyone. Start networking early. You'll be surprised what people will do to help you along, even if you've just met.

If you could do it all over again, what would you do different?
I would have maintained relationships with some of my professors. Staying in touch with them can be very important when you're looking for jobs or recommendations. They have more connections than you realize. 

Previous: Hayley Zedeck
Previous: Greg Monforte
Previous: Ryan Pratt
Previous: Kevin Giordano

No comments:

Post a Comment