Tuesday, February 8, 2011

SMTSU Officer Profiles

As Drexel's SMTSU is still in its infancy stages, one of our first segments here at the blog will be to introduce you to the leaders of the program. These are the people that are working hard behind the scenes to not only put pizza on the table at the meetings, but put together events, market them, and make sure everything runs the way it should. Every day for the next week or so, we will be introducing you to a new SMTSU officer. 

Without further ado, it is my pleasure to introduce SMTSU President, Kevin Giordano:

1. Name/Year/Position at SMTSU

Kevin Giordano, Sophomore, President

2. What is your favorite experience working in sports?

My time working in women's soccer is easily my favorite experience working in sports. I spent three years working in various positions with Sky Blue Soccer, located in Somerset, NJ. The latter two of those three years, the organization operated a team in Women's Professional Soccer (WPS), Sky Blue FC. It was at Sky Blue where I fell in love with the business aspect of soccer and professional sports in general.

I will be elaborating on my time and experience at Sky Blue Soccer in an upcoming edition of my weekly column, "Here- I'm Open!", appearing every Monday on this very blog. Be sure to look out for a post detailing my time at Sky Blue in the coming weeks!

3. If you had to pick one athlete to spend a day with, who would it be and why?

Pele. He was easily the best soccer player and athlete of his day and possibly all-time. He may be the purest goal scorer to ever take the field. Why Pele? Mainly because he's a pretty intelligent guy who has earned the respect of the global soccer community. When he speaks, people listen.

4. Favorite place you ever traveled to?

Italy when I was 9 years old. Being Italian, visiting the country of my heritage and ancestors was a neat experience. Now that I can speak the language, I look forward to going back sometime in the future. 

5. Subway, Currito, Chik-Fil-A, Taco Bell, or the Hans?

Subway only because it has the most nutritious menu options of those presented. I try to be conscious of what I eat and live as healthy as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment