Monday, April 4, 2011

Skateistan

With all of the hundreds of issues we see and hear about happening on in the world- most recently the disaster in Japan and turmoil in the Middle East- we see ways that people try to pick each other up. With sports making up such a large part of some of our lives, it should not be a surprise that they sometimes become intertwined with these efforts. What should be a surprise is how the following example did. 

Skateboarding. Afghanistan.

Two words you don't hear together too often. But the people that made "Skateistan" happen don't find it too strange at all. Watch and enjoy.


"When I am skating on the streets, I can feel people questioning my right to skate. Their opinions are meaningless to me. I really like skating and I won't stop." Unbelievable.


-Written by Dan Mullin

No comments:

Post a Comment